Cantabile is thrilled return to live in-person concerts. Read about our upcoming concerts and safety plan.
After the War
Saturday, November 6 @ 7:30pm
Sunday, November 7 @ 2:00pm
The Spire (82 Sydenham St.)
Virtual Screening – November 13 @ 7:30pm
In this concert of remembrance, Cantabile pays tribute through song to those lost to conflict around the world. The concert interweaves different settings of the Requiem mass (mass for the dead) with peace-inspired music from around the world, including poems by Zophia Romanowicz (Poland), Yehuda Amachai (Israel), Ocean Vuong (Vietnam), Ravi Sathasivam (Sri Lanka), and Kamloops residential school survivor Marilyn Adolph.
After the War features Vaughan Williams’ cantata Dona Nobis Pacem, and works by Canadian composers Mark Sirett, Mary Knickle, Diane Loomer and Sarah Quartel.
Cantabile welcomes guest soloist Érika Wood (soprano) and Giles Tomkins (bass)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
COVID-19 Protocol for Concerts
Cantabile is committed to the health and safety of our members and patrons. All COVID-19 legislation and Public Health recommendations will be strictly observed. Here are some things to know:
All in-person attendees
- are required to provide proof of full vaccination (2 doses plus 14 days);
- ticket holders will be screened outside of the venue, prior to entry;
- must be masked and remain masked for the duration of the performance.
- have provided proof of vaccination or are exempt due to age;
- will be masked for the entire performance;
- will maintain a minimum 2-meter distance from the audience.